Monday, October 25, 2010
I just came back from a wedding dinner in Goodwood Park. Jacqueline is Susanna's niece and she joined us in a few classes in the gym. Sometimes, when we have gatherings in Susanna's place, she will join us too.
Frankly speaking, I was going as a replacement for Pfeiffer. She and Nana were to represent the gym gang to attend Jacqueline's wedding dinner, whereas the rest of us were invited to attend the church wedding yesterday. However, Pfeiffer was so sick today, that she could not be there, so Susanna called me in the morning, and asked me if I can attend instead.
So Nana and I went, and it turned out that we had a great time! We had 2 guests from Denmark and they are really fun people. We cracked jokes and had fun trying to explain, how the wedding take places in Singapore. And why everyone has to stand up and shout 'Yum Seng' three times, etc.
The most enjoyable part of the dinner is actually the waiter. The waiter who served us tonight, happened to be his first day of work. So he was actually very nervous. His hands shivered when he was serving us, and for the first time, I see a person perspires so much while distributing yam paste. He was so busy running in and out of the kitchen, and serving us drinks, and he was trying his best to keep his cool, because his hands trembled so much while he was distributing food on plates and bowls. And best part is, he kept running into the kitchen, because he tend to forget to bring out the ladle to serve shark fins soup, or tongs to serve dishes, or spoons for us to eat our food.
Fortunately, it was a all ladies table, and we are all very patient with him. We actually joked that he might decided to quit after tonight. We found out very much later, that our table was the last to leave, as we got our food later than others. Hahaha!
Anyway, I was quite happy with the dinner tonight, though I am just a replacement. Fun experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment