Friday, June 25, 2010

It takes 2 hands to clap

I was on a GRO for Beast (A Korean Boy Group, in case you are wondering what are they) Showcase at the MediaCorp Theatre last night, and I encountered this situation. Their fans turned up for the event with great excitement. Some even came in the afternoon of the day before the showcase and spent the night at the car park, so they would get the best seat right in front of their idol

However, there were fans who came on time, but found themselves right at the end of the quene. Plus the hot weather and long wait, their patience sort of wear off... In addition to that, the theatre was filled up with screaming fans in no time and the security officers refused to let people inside due to safety reason. (You know, in case of fire and everyone run at the same time, this is very dangerous. So must keep to the number always). Therefore, these frustrated fans make a lot of noise, complaining why waited so long, why can not go into the theatre, how come they were watching from the TV, instead of live from the theatre.

Floor managers and security officers were trying to solve the problem, so I was pushed up front to face the angry fans. Before I could say anything, these fans raised their voices, and shouted at me, demanding me for explanation, because they missed the first 2 performance of their idol. They demanded to see the management, organiser, officer in charged. At that point of time, I was thinking, if Beast will to see this situation, will they be happy to see their fans shouting and scolding us for 'safety reasons'? Will they understand that fans came to see them, but in dangerous conditions?

Frankly speaking, I wondered I was too tired, or suddenly my EQ become very high. I simply stood in front of them, telling them in a very calm tone, that shouting at me would not get them any seats in the theatre. The Floor Managers and security officers were all trying their best, so everyone will just have to wait patiently. After that I choose to smile at every question asked, and replied, 'We just have to wait.'

Fortunately, the problem was solved very fast, and fans was directed to some areas opened up by the security officers. Some fans still wanted to stay outside and demand to speak to the management. I think at the point of time, maybe they wanted to beat me up, because I simply shook my head and told them, 'If you still want to make a fuss now, you will still be standing here till the end of the show, and you will never get to see them too. Might as well, go inside settle down, you can still watch them performed.' In the end, all of them went in to theatre and watched the rest of the show.

GROs always encountered this problem in programme recording, especially when there are very famous celebrities coming in. It takes 2 hands takes clap. No point shouting at each other, and make matter worse. When only one party is starting a fight, the other party remained silent. The fight will never continue....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

By :
Free Blog Templates