Monday, August 9, 2010
Happy 45th Birthday Singapore!!!
I just watched the National Day Parade on TV with my family. And it brought me back to us that, we were at the Floating Bay last year for Singapore's 44th birthday! Haha! (Papa said, so fast! One year already. And I realised that the big hand drums from the goodies bags are still sitting nicely on my table. ) Indeed, time passed so fast before we are aware.
Ah Girl next door came over to my place, dressed in red and white, carrying a Singapore flag. I asked her, do you know how to sing a nation song? She sang, 'Singapura, oh Singapura, Sunny Island, Set In the Sea...' I thought that was the song from my era. (Ahem... Excuse Me...)
I still remembered when I was still in Primary School, I brought back biscuits and flags from the school. Then in Secondary School, souvenirs changed to notebooks. The best times for National Day was 'A' Level time, as I got to participate in National Day Parade as cheerleader in the first year, and preparing for National Day Celebration in the second year, because I was a member of the Student Council.
Come to think of it, I ever took part in the National Day Parade as performer too! Haha!!! Very very good memories. And my costume was just a one whole piece, red and white suit! Imagine I have to take off the top every time I want to go to the toilet. And all of us were like scolding the designer in our heart, for not being thoughtful. However, I did feel a sense of lost, after 09 Aug, because I missed meeting up with all the new friends. We gathered together at the People Association every Sunday for 6 months for practice. Too bad, I lost contact with them already. Wonder if they think of me when they watched the parade just now. Haha!
Love you, Singapore!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment